Course Content Writer (Off-Site) –
Blackstone Career Institute (BCI) is excited to offer a portable career opportunity for those who contend with frequent relocations and other challenges that make it difficult to obtain and retain a job. As a Course Content Writer for BCI you will have the flexibility to take your job wherever you go. This position is ideal for a military spouse looking to expand their career opportunities.
A Course Content Writer reports directly to our Director of Education. As a writer for BCI, you will be responsible for creating clear and concise course content by translating documents into text that is user-friendly for adult learners. To meet this goal, the course content writer will be required to gather research from a variety of sources, including state and DEAC (Distance Education Accrediting Commission) compliance, websites, and a variety of other sources. This individual will work closely with our team leaders at BCI to design and create training courses for approval through the state and DEAC.
- Create and plan the development of course content, materials, and activities to train adult learners who are interested in taking an online career training program.
- Continually review and edit previously created materials in order to ensure compliance with current state and DEAC laws and regulations.
- Continue to expand on previously created documents to create up-to-date course content to submit for approval.
- Explore, evaluate, and prepare recommendations on courses, instructional methods, and materials.
- Knowledge of the English language (spelling, composition and grammar).
- Knowledge of source citation and copyright laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Experience with the Internet as needed to research course content.
- Handle and meet deadlines.
- Prior technical writing experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel a plus.
- Familiarity with course/curriculum training and design a plus.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Darlene Boyle DBoyle@blackstone.edu.
Blackstone Career Institute (BCI), a leading national publisher of online career training programs, is looking for a talented, detail-oriented, upbeat individual for the position of on-site Copywriter/Editor for their brand.
The ideal candidate will fit into a small company team environment, working on a variety of marketing and development projects. The copywriter/editor will work closely with executives to conceptualize creative thinking into feasible marketing plans. This position requires an understanding of persuasive direct response copywriting, mobile marketing as well as writing clear, concise course content in order to develop and enhance our online properties and print-based products.
Blackstone Career Institute (BCI) is one of the oldest distance education schools in the country. As a nationally and regionally accredited distance education school BCI fulfills its mission by providing high-quality, effective, technology-driven, distance education programs.
The Copywriter/Editor will report to the Director of Education.
- Write copy for blogs, banner ads, landing pages, emails, social media and other marketing items
- Audit website content regularly and ensure consistent adherence to guidelines for all marketing materials and activities
- Collaborate with marketing and ops team members to create copies including emails, landing pages, and print
- Assure proper SEO best practices are being followed
- Suggest relevant ideas for website content
- Integrate best practices in creating excellent marketing copy and content
- Apply market expertise and institutional knowledge to contribute to the development of effective creative plans
- Keep current on career school news, trends, policies and competition
- Create clear and concise course content by translating documents into text that is user-friendly for adult learners
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Consistent organizational skills
- Knowledge of marketing concepts and best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work autonomously
- At least 1+ year experience creating quality content for websites
- Bachelor degree in English, Journalism, Media, Marketing, or a related field
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy
Additional Experience Helpful In:
- Constant Contact e-mail
- Junior copywriter in agency experience
- SEO experience
- Creative Thinking
- Career School experience
- Above average computer literacy
Full time, salaried position. Please submit resume and cover letter to Darlene Boyle DBoyle@blackstone.edu.