Career Training Program
A Leader Among Military Friendly Schools
Blackstone Career Institute is proud to be named one of the nation’s “Military Friendly Schools” by G.I. Jobs magazine for three consecutive years. This distinction ensures our students that we offer active duty members, military spouses and veterans the best value and flexibility in education. BCI’s portable online career training programs help students transition to civilian life, find an exciting career, and train for that career on base, at home or anywhere that is convenient.
Education is the best investment you can make. Experience more opportunity and earning potential with Blackstone Career Training Programs. BCI adapts to your busy military schedule and fully supports your academic endeavors from beginning to end.
Military students and military spouses receive special services to meet their needs. Blackstone stands out among military friendly schools because our dedicated staff understands the available education benefits, including the Post 9/11 and Montgomery GI Bills, as well as the MyCAA program for military spouses. Our Military advisors will give you the guidance you need from beginning to end. It is our goal to help all of our military students and military spouses get the most out of their eligible benefits.
Military Tuition Assistance
Blackstone participates in DANTES and government-sponsored military tuition assistance programs. At BCI we offer quality programs at an affordable cost, which allows your benefits to go even further. All resources are included with your tuition including textbooks, eBooks, and study guides. As a service member this means no out-of pocket expenses to achieve your educational or personal goals. Learn more about Military Tuition Assistance.
As a veteran, you have education benefits available to you. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has approved education programs offered by Blackstone Career Institute. You will find admission representatives and school certifying officials available to assist you with completing the proper forms for enrollment.
- Determine your eligibility—You can speak directly with VA education representatives, using a toll free number (888) 442-4551 (888-GI Bill 1), who can answer questions, advise you on eligibility for the different chapters, and provide instructions on the application process. You can also review information on the GI Bill Website.
- Complete the necessary forms—You can get printed applications from regional VA offices and most active duty military stations. The Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) is the main document needed by the VA. Depending on your eligibility and the VA criteria for various programs, additional forms may be needed. You can visit the VA web address to either print off application forms or apply online using VONAPP.
- File your application with the VA—If you do not choose to apply online using VONAPP, mail the VA forms to the VA Regional Office listed for your state. Applying online will shorten the time to set up a VA student record.
- Complete the university process and pay tuition—Enroll for a program and provide payment. Inform your admissions representative that you applied for VA education benefits, and ask him or her to certify your enrollment for the VA.
- VA completes the application process—Once the VA receives your application, a VA representative will contact the DOD to verify your entitlement and set up an account for you. The student certification information submitted to the VA by Blackstone Career Institute is used by the VA to calculate education payments.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)
Blackstone Career Institute is proud to support the Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) program sponsored by the Department of Defense and the Department of Labor. Under this initiative, eligible military spouses are now able to receive up to $4,000 of MyCAA Financial Assistance for training in target industries that represent portable careers. Blackstone’s career training programs qualify for this program.
Blackstone Career Institute is honored to announce that we are now an official partner of the MSEP.MSEP is a part of the DoD’s broader Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) initiative, which seeks to strengthen educational and career opportunities of military spouses. MSEP helps military spouses develop their skills, interests, and goals while identifying the academic, licensing, or credentialing requirements they need to reach their career goals. MSEP creates employment opportunities by providing companies with direct access to military spouses seeking careers as well as giving spouses access to employers who are actively recruiting.
Military-Friendly Online Programs
Blackstone is a leader among military friendly schools. We are both regionally and nationally accredited. We offer online training that focuses on careers in high-growth fields that can be completed in one year or less on your schedule and at your own pace. Explore the online options at Blackstone Career Institute with programs that can move you to your next level wherever you may be stationed.
Train to become a pharmacy technician, medical transcriptionist, medical office assistant, dental office assistant, physical therapy aide, veterinary assistant, child day care worker, do medical billing and coding, or earn your paralegal certificate. Blackstone Career Institute’s online training programs and courses help you discover your new career!
Benefits of a Blackstone Education
BCI provides more than just an education. We provide an encouraging learning environment that meets the unique needs of today’s service members and their families.
- 100% Online
- Military Tuition Assistance/MyCAA Accepted
- Available Worldwide
- Self-Paced, Supportive
- Textbooks included as part of the course and shipped directly to you when not available as e-books