Are you a paralegal who’s ready for more responsibility? The Business and Corporate Law course helps you master important topics related to business law, including international law, dispute resolution, contract law and theory, agency law and agency relationships, fair employment practices laws, and intellectual property law. In addition, you will receive an introduction to law, business ethics, the U.S. legal system and court jurisdiction. The e-textbook for this course also covers the constitutional regulation of business, torts and crimes that affect businesses. Throughout the text you will follow a hypothetical business, called eClass, which helps to illustrate how the concepts in each chapter might apply in the business environment.
Business and Corporate Law Curriculum
Lesson 1: Foundations of Law and the U.S. Legal System Part I
- Introduction to Law
- Business Ethics
- International Law
- The U.S. Legal System and Court Jurisdiction
Lesson 2: Foundations of Law and the U.S. Legal System Part II
- Constitutional Regulation of Business
- Dispute Resolution
- Crimes and Business
Lesson 3: Contracts Part I
- Introduction to Contract Law and Contract Theory
- Offer, Acceptance, and Consideration
- Capacity to Contract, Reality of Consent, and Legality
- Contract Writings and Interpretations
Lesson 4: Contracts Part II
- The Rights and Obligations of Third Persons
- Discharge, Breach, and Remedies
- Performance and Remedies
- Warranties and Product Liability
Lesson 5: Agency
- Agency: Creation and Termination
- Agency: Liability for Contracts
- Agency: Liability for Torts and Crimes
Lesson 6: Employment and Intellectual Property
- Labor and Fair Employment Practices
- Intellectual Property, Computers, and the Law
Business and Corporate Law Course Materials
Blackstone will provide you with the following tools for your success in the Business and Corporate Law course, all of which are included in your tuition:
Business and Corporate Law online Study Guide
Fundamentals of Business Law, 2011, by Daniel V. Davidson, Lynn M. Forsythe and Brenda E. Knowles. Custom edition. ISBN 9781454817697
Your e-book is delivered via VitalSource, one of the most popular and user-friendly e-textbook platforms for higher education. With VitalSource, you can change the page layout to suit your reading needs and easily search for keywords, tables and graphics throughout the text. You also have access to highlighting and note tools to help you make the most of your studies. You have the ability to work online or off…wherever it is convenient for you! Click here to learn more about the benefits of VitalSource e-books.
You will gain unlimited access to Blackstone’s Online Student Center, where you can download your Business and Corporate Law Study Guide, take exams and receive instantaneous Grade Reports, chat real-time with other students, participate in online discussions, and receive news about Blackstone.
A quality education is an investment in your future. Blackstone’s online certificate training programs are designed to be affordable while providing excellence in education and student services. The knowledge and skills you gain during the time you are working toward your certificate at BCI is what sets us apart and will set you apart from other employees. Your employment options will grow as you gain an expertise in a specialized area and you will be prepared with the knowledge you need to advance your career and earn more money. You may also use your work at BCI toward your CLE needs if you are certified.
Your Advanced Paralegal Business and Corporate Law Course tuition fee includes:
- All instruction and exam evaluation
- Access to our state-of-the-art Online Student Center
- Lifetime access to student forums and chat rooms
- Full student services and support during your program
- Latest edition e-textbook included with your certificate course
- Comprehensive online study guide prepared by faculty and reviewed by subject matter experts
- Exam grade reports with references for questions answered incorrectly
- Automatic six-month time extension—an exceptional value!
- Official BCI school transcript
- An embossed Business and Corporate Law certificate upon completion of program requirements
Regular Tuition Price $396
Payment Plan Options
We offer a payment plan with a 100% approval rate for our advanced paralegal courses—you are already pre-approved for a low down payment and low monthly installments so you can afford your BCI training!
Student Tuition 0% Interest Free Program
You pay a $160.00 down payment & 4 monthly payments of $59.00
Methods of Payment
You may use your Visa, Discover, Master Card, or American Express Card to securely enroll online. You may also pay in full for your program by money order or corporate check or personal check.
If you’re looking for information on becoming a paralegal, visit our paralegal program page for more information about paralegal training and careers.